Author Topic: NEW cross trek(how much did you pay?)  (Read 4647 times)

Offline steeba

• View Profile
    • QIVANA !
  • My Vehicle: 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek 2.0i/Ltd/CVT/SQUASH
Re: NEW cross trek(how much did you pay?)
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2013, 11:26:24 PM »
Bought mine online from a site called carsdirect.com...got 15 dealerships from all over the Bay Area to Yuba City and the area around emailing me...never ONCE talked to sales person whatsoever...requested it that way.  Listed all the invoice option code #'s that they use and let it go from there.  Wanted EXACTLY what they paid for it or wasn't gonna deal w/'em...Gold Rush Subaru in Auburn said (emailed !) they'd give me one rite offa the incoming delivery truck for 'their' price...told me they had a ton o' ppl w/FAT WALLETS walkn in2 their dealership daily so givn me this one at their price was no prob !!  Took a cashiers chk 5 days later (via shuttle service from Chico !), said, "HI !" to the guy in charge of their Internet Sales...20 mins l8r, drove 75miles home to Chico !  Had 22miles on it when I got in and took off !  Best car deal I've ever had and will DEFINITELY do biz this way again...nuff sed...
2013 XV CROSSTREK 2.0i/Ltd/CVT                     
SQUASH

Offline ClubCrosstrek

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ClubCrosstrek
  • My Vehicle: 2013 CBS Crosstrek Premium
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2013, 01:16:53 AM »
Bought mine online from a site called carsdirect.com...got 15 dealerships from all over the Bay Area to Yuba City and the area around emailing me...never ONCE talked to sales person whatsoever...requested it that way.  Listed all the invoice option code #'s that they use and let it go from there.  Wanted EXACTLY what they paid for it or wasn't gonna deal w/'em...Gold Rush Subaru in Auburn said (emailed !) they'd give me one rite offa the incoming delivery truck for 'their' price...told me they had a ton o' ppl w/FAT WALLETS walkn in2 their dealership daily so givn me this one at their price was no prob !!  Took a cashiers chk 5 days later (via shuttle service from Chico !), said, "HI !" to the guy in charge of their Internet Sales...20 mins l8r, drove 75miles home to Chico !  Had 22miles on it when I got in and took off !  Best car deal I've ever had and will DEFINITELY do biz this way again...nuff sed...

Never heard of carsdirect.com, how does it work?  Do they charge a commission price?  Sounds like it's a good deal!

Offline steeba

• View Profile
    • QIVANA !
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2013, 09:53:44 AM »

Never heard of carsdirect.com, how does it work?  Do they charge a commission price?  Sounds like it's a good deal!

ClubCrosstrek:  Kinda stumbled onto this site out of the usual meandering we all do chkn out stats on new car/car products.  They charged zip and all the dealerships are at ur beck & call w/in hours !  The sales personnel that came onboard had an email signature: Internet Sales...in other words, most of 'em were pretty much experienced in doin' online car sales, i.e., no phone calls, links to inventory & most of all, no car salesman rhetoric !  In these days & times, I must say, quite a stress reliever !
SQUASH

Offline webcricket

• View Profile
  • My Vehicle: MY13 XV Premium CVT Tangerine
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2013, 04:11:31 PM »
... no car salesman rhetoric !  In these days & times, I must say, quite a stress reliever !

I didn't use that site, but I made my car purchase 95% through the internet sales rep at the dealership - all negotiation happened via e-mail, which was convenient for me in terms of time and not having to deal with on the lot pressure. The other 5% was test driving the car while my trade-in was appraised, signing the deal, and handing over a check.

I really would purchase again using this method. They knew I knew the numbers involved...yeah, maybe less profit for them, but much easier sale I would think in terms of the time they needed to spend on me.

Offline andthereyouare

• View Profile
  • My Vehicle: 2013 XV - Tangerine dream
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2013, 10:51:13 PM »
You could try using www.Truecar.com.
"No matter where you go, there you are." - Pig Killer...Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome (1985)

Offline superunknown

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2013, 11:21:56 PM »
thanks!

Offline steeba

• View Profile
    • QIVANA !
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2013, 07:06:54 PM »
... no car salesman rhetoric !  In these days & times, I must say, quite a stress reliever !

I didn't use that site, but I made my car purchase 95% through the internet sales rep at the dealership - all negotiation happened via e-mail, which was convenient for me in terms of time and not having to deal with on the lot pressure. The other 5% was test driving the car while my trade-in was appraised, signing the deal, and handing over a check.

I really would purchase again using this method. They knew I knew the numbers involved...yeah, maybe less profit for them, but much easier sale I would think in terms of the time they needed to spend on me.

Me...no trade in...was drivn my ol' pal there (on the left) in OR for the past 12yrs...moved to Chico in Jan this yr and decided was time for new mode o' transportation...15 dealerships chimed in via email...one came thru 'bout 80miles away from me (Gold Rush Subaru, Aubrurn, CA)...had 3 other Sub's in my lifetime and pretty much knew what it was gonna be like operation-wise...shuttled in2 the 'dealership', handed 'em a cashiers chk, done...not bad !! (Limited w/everything 'cept new front grille via aftermrkt)

How much ?

« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 02:46:22 PM by steeba »
SQUASH

Offline bdrex28

• View Profile
  • My Vehicle: 2013 Crosstrek XV, Satin White Pearl, Limited with Nav
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2013, 11:58:59 AM »
I got the 2.0 limited with Nav/Moonroof/rear spoiler/sport grill for $25,603 out the door.  Felt like a good price and was less than all the other Dallas dealers.

Offline Bignick

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2013, 10:54:57 PM »
I got the 2.0 limited with Nav/Moonroof/rear spoiler/sport grill for $25,603 out the door.  Felt like a good price and was less than all the other Dallas dealers.

Curious how you could get it that cheap?

Edmonds lists MSRP @ $27903 and invoice @ $26148. Your out the door price includes sales tax, licensing and title fees, dealer doc and handling charges.

Offline bdrex28

• View Profile
  • My Vehicle: 2013 Crosstrek XV, Satin White Pearl, Limited with Nav
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2013, 12:16:39 AM »
I started out doing the Costco deal first, then realized one of the Subaru dealerships is a client of the company I work for. I emailed them, told them what the other two were offering and asked if they could help.

They did and that's all it took.

Offline Bignick

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2013, 11:39:48 PM »

Me...no trade in...was drivn my ol' pal there (on the left) in OR for the past 12yrs...moved to Chico in Jan this yr and decided was time for new mode o' transportation...15 dealerships chimed in via email...one came thru 'bout 80miles away from me (Gold Rush Subaru, Aubrurn, CA)...had 3 other Sub's in my lifetime and pretty much knew what it was gonna be like operation-wise...shuttled in2 the 'dealership', handed 'em a cashiers chk, done...not bad !! (Limited w/everything 'cept new front grille via aftermrkt)

How much ?

Looks like a great deal. I see the total amount you spent, but it really doesn't mean a whole lot without a bit of a break down.

What would be most meaningful would be something like:

MSRP                          $XXXXXXX
less discount -                    xxxx
net sales price             XXXXXXX
Dealer prep& hand            XXXX
Document fees                   XXXX
Licence plates                      XXX
title fee                                XXX
inventory tax                       XXX
State sales tax                 XXXXX
Safety Inspection                  XXX

Out the door Total   $XXXXXXXX

Often a big discount is given up front only to be added back in under misc. fees

I know here it's real easy to get at least $1000 off sticker, but the dealers here add at least $399 back on for doc charges.

Offline steeba

• View Profile
    • QIVANA !
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2013, 12:15:09 AM »
Ummm...as u can see in the pic...it's a XV Crosstrek 2.0i/Ltd/CVT in Tangerine Orange Pearl w/EVERYTHING...'cept the new front grille & hood protector which I got aftermrkt...*yaaawn*...bought it ONLINE via carsdirect.com after emailing back n forth w/15 different dealers...(never tlkd via phone, as I stated earlier)...said I wanted it directly off the truck when it came in for THEIR COMPLETE PRICE...cashiers chk paid for EVERTHING OUT THE DOOR (that you painstakingly mentioned !)...http://instantrimshot.com/classic/?sound=rimshot

SQUASH

Offline RubySu

• View Profile
  • My Vehicle: 2013 Crosstrek, Black 5 sp.
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2013, 12:50:17 PM »
Hey there-your old friend caught my eye.  Still have it then it appears? I love old trucks. Dad had a 72 and I built this 69.  Keep on truckin! 8)
"If you start out stupid enough, you learn something new everyday". - My Dad

Offline superunknown

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2013, 12:09:11 PM »
nice truck

Offline brian_young1

• View Profile
  • My Vehicle: 2013 Crosstrek
NEW cross trek(how much did you pay?)
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2013, 07:11:56 PM »
I got my premium/5 speed for $19500 out the door. Apparently, nobody in State College, PA likes manual transmissions. Sticker was $23,400.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 07:13:51 PM by brian_young1 »

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.