Author Topic: Nokya Hi-power PSX24W LED Fog Light Bulb Install  (Read 1556 times)

Offline coletrain

• View Profile
  • My Vehicle: 2013 XV Crosstrek Limited CVT- Satin White Pearl
Nokya Hi-power PSX24W LED Fog Light Bulb Install
« on: August 26, 2013, 12:19:34 PM »
Nokya Hi-power PSX24W LED Fog Light Bulb - Hyper Lime Yellow Install

Link: Nokya Hi-power PSX24W LED Fog Light Bulb - Hyper Lime Yellow : Amazon.com : Automotive

I have really been wanting to see these in action.  So I put on the coveralls and laid down on my back and slid under the front of the XV and got to work...

The LEDs are packaged very well. They include a built in resistor and waterproof connections. They are plug and play with the XV's fog light harness.

Slide under the front and start popping out the plastic rivets.  I didnt realize it at the time but you do not need to pop out the the ones for the little air deflector in front of the tire (located upper right).  There is one phillips head screw you must remove.  Then just pull the plastic downward until you have access.  There is plenty of space up in there.  No need to fully remove the plastic from the wheel well. 

Remove the harness from the bulb, then remove the bulb. Then follow the instructions included with the kit: Plug bulb to resistor, use resistor wires to determine polarity. I stuck the pins in the XV's harness plug. 

Dang thats bright!

My eyes!

Now that you know polarity (black wire on the kit went to the black wire on the car, makes sense) you can assemble the waterproof plug.  Insert the pins in the bottom of the plug and pull them until they snap into place. Use needle nose pliers. I had to pull hard.

Snap the bulb into the fog lamp assembly. Snap your newly created plug into the XV Fog light harness.  Use wire ties to attach the extra wire and resistor up and out of the way. 

passenger's

driver's- dont attach to the bottom hole on the right like I did.  It is exposed when you put the plastic back on.  I changed it later but no pic.

They look nice, the fog lamp is clear at at angle but yellow from head on.

Done.

I would say that these are really bright, but the color is not for everyone.  They are called Hyper Lime Yellow for a reason.  There is definitly a hint of green, but not so much that I dont like them.  The quality is great on these and the heatsink on the back of the bulb is real metal and functional.  They have a 2 year warranty and are rated for 50,000+ hours. 

much brighter than stock and designed for fog lamps so they use the stock reflector pattern.  See the difference?

this pic of my freezer show the nice cutoff just like a fog lamp should.

Now I need a nice and foggy morning to try 'em out!
2013 XV Crosstrek Limited CVT- Satin White Pearl - See you in the Chattahoochee National Forest

Offline HaydenATX

• View Profile
  • My Vehicle: 2013 XV Crosstrek Limited- Tangerine
Re: Nokya Hi-power PSX24W LED Fog Light Bulb Install
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 01:11:08 PM »
I like it! Nice work! Those look way better than those silly yellow tint overlays....

Offline andthereyouare

• View Profile
  • My Vehicle: 2013 XV - Tangerine dream
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 05:20:03 PM »
Nice write up. I see they make clear ones for a whiter brighter appearance over stock bulbs too. And they are LED, which is cool.
"No matter where you go, there you are." - Pig Killer...Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome (1985)

Offline coletrain

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 07:19:45 PM »
Yep they come in clear/white or hyper lime yellow.... I think some night time pics are in order.   
2013 XV Crosstrek Limited CVT- Satin White Pearl - See you in the Chattahoochee National Forest

Offline Gachrid

• View Profile
  • My Vehicle: 2013 XV Limited- Ice Silver
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2013, 08:53:39 PM »
They look good coletrain. They seem like they have nice output. I'm glad you got them because they are too light for me. I definitely like a darker yellow. But so far I'm impressed with them. Let us know how they do in the dark!

Offline The Hulls

• View Profile
  • My Vehicle: Our XV
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2013, 12:17:27 PM »
That is an awesome find, thank you for our next toy investment.  Where are the white bulbs available through?   I have tried amazon and a quick google search, both provided the lime bulbs only. 

Dan
Remember where you have been because it will help guide where you are going.  --DSH

The Toys: http://clubcrosstrek.com/index.php/topic,597.0.html

Offline AlexAlejan

• View Profile
  • My Vehicle: 2013 Limited Tangerine
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2013, 02:12:09 PM »
Great how to guide.  Thanks!
Alex

Offline coletrain

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2013, 03:26:27 PM »
They had some white ones on amazon, but maybe they sold out?  Another place I found them was lightbulbs4cars.com but decided to go with amazon because I am familiar with amazon.  http://www.lightbulbs4cars.com/product/NOK9789

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.